FCE

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Causative: Sentence transformation

Complete the sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first.

1. A shop mended my CD player for me.
had
I _____________________at a shop.
2. Her hairdresser has cut her hair really short.
had
She _____________________really short.
3. I pay someone to wash my car every week.
have
I ________________________every week.
4. A builder is modernising our bungalow for us.
having
We ___________________________.
5. An accountant will have to check these books for you.
get
You will _________________by an accountant.
6. She has never made her own breakfast.
always
She has _______________________ for her.
7. The surgeon is not going to remove your appendix.
have
You are not going _____________________removed.
8. Didn’t you ask someone to translate this report yesterday?
get
Didn’t you ___________ yesterday?
9. My cat loves it when I scratch its head.
having
My cat __________________scratched.
10. I’m having my son taught chess by a grandmaster.
teaching
A grandmaster _____________________chess.

Key:
1. my CD player mended
2.has had her hair cut
3.have my car washed
4.are having our bungalow modernised
5.get these books checked
6.always had breakfast made
7. to have your appendix
8.get this report translated
9. loves having its head
10.is teaching my son

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home